You can help make a difference through the gift of donation. One donor can save or improve the lives of more than 75 people.
Consent to organ and tissue donation by:
- Registering online at your state registry
- Registering online at DonateLifeWisconsin.org (For Wisconsin Residents).
- Registering at the DMV when you apply or renew a driver's license or state I.D. card
- Specifying donation wishes in your Advanced Directive for Health Care (advise your family of your decision).
Wisconsinites now have a new way to support organ, eye and tissue donation via the new Donate Life license plate. Funds will go to support the new online donor registry, opening in April 2010.
- Donate Life Wisconsin license plates can feature regular numbers or a personalized message.
- A $25 tax-deductible contribution to Donate Life Wisconsin is required to issue and renew your plates each year, in addition to the regular registration fee. The $25 contribution may be tax deductible if you itemize your income tax returns.
- A $15 issuance fee is required when non-personalized Donate Life Wisconsin plates are issued.
- A $15 fee is required EACH year in addition to the regular annual registration fee and $25 contribution for personalized plates.
- If the vehicle receiving Donate Life Wisconsin license plates is already titled/registered in your name, complete the vehicle section on form MV2956.
- If the vehicle is not titled in your name, complete the title application form MV1 (401 KB) and form MV2956. Send them with all the required documents and fees to the address on form MV2956.
- Plates may be transferred from an auto to a truck or vice versa upon payment of the full registration fee.
To obtain forms and learn more, visit: